- Firstly we need to work on our mentality .We stare foreigners like aliens & loot them wherever & whenever we get a chance.No one likes staring,of course.
Two months ago I was in Vadodara Railway station .One coolie took Rs 5000 from a German couple.Such incidents keep on occurring daily & we give a blind-eye to it.We the people must stand out against such acts done by our fellow Indians.
- Secondly, we need to keep our country clean like our houses.Most of us clean our houses very well but when it comes to our locality/country we pollute it like hell.We throw out garbage form train/bus windows without giving a thought.Seriously this mentality needs a drastic change.
SWACHH BHARAT ABHIYAN must be a success for good hygiene & tourism.
- One of the factor which is hindering tourism industry growth is the negative image of India developed in the West due to large number of rapes happening in the country.
- Lastly we need to develop our tourists spots/locations which are seriously underdeveloped & lack even basic amenities. Without it foreigners will be left with only few choices to choose.State & central government must identify places with potential & develop them in a given stipulated time.
Some unknown stats about Tourism industry :
- It contributed 124.8 billion US dollars to Indian GDP(2015).That amounts to approximately 6% of G.D.P .(Agriculture contributes about 17%).
- It provided direct employment to about 23.5 million people (2015) & needless to say the indirect employment it has provided.It is one of the sectors which has seen a surge in employment.
- In 2015 about 80 Lakh tourists visited India compared to around 26 Lakh in 2000.Largest number of visitors were from United States ,Bangladesh & U.K respectively.
Feedback will be appreciated.